cyber-safety can be fun!
Increasing awareness of internet safety
through fun children's stories...
All the content of this website including images, text, graphics and logos are copyright © Bright Zebra. All rights reserved. Bright Zebra, Diary of Elle and certain other marks in this website are the trademarks, trade names, and service marks of Bright Zebra. Any use of such marks without the prior written consent of Bright Zebra is prohibited. Other trademarks and logos are the property of the parties to whom they are attributed.
1. You provide us with all information marked as compulsory on the relevant application forms;
2. You warrant that all information provided to us is complete, accurate and up to date at all times.
Information that is collected
We collect or maintain the following personal information about our users:
2. Email Address
3. Child age (potentially)
4. Child gender (potentially)
This information will be collected with your knowledge and participation. If you choose not to provide this information we may decline to accept your registration. It will not be possible for you to deal with us anonymously. We use this information to fulfil communication with you, respond to your customer service requests, assess your needs to determine suitable products and to protect against fraud and abuse.
We will not collect information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation, unless compelled to do so by law.
The personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
1. To administer our network;
2. For billing purposes;
3. If you wish to subscribe to our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you, potentially using your age and gender to make this more specific for you. Out of respect for your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails;
4. For any other purpose for which you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed, and you hereby irrevocably consent to such disclosure, in the following circumstances:
1. To our authorised officers and our agents for the purpose of administering our network or for billing or credit collection purposes;
2. To companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorised to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us;
3. Under compulsion of law, for example if a warrant or court order is received or such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
4. To lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or health;
5. If Bright Zebra is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information;
6. To you or with your consent.
Otherwise we will use reasonable endeavours to avoid the disclosure of your personal information, save that aggregated demographic information may be disclosed so long as the information is unable to identify you or any other individual.
Accessing your personal information
You can contact us to request a copy of your personal information by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall attend to your request on a confidential basis within fourteen (14) days of the request being received. No fee will be levied for access to this information.
Refusal of access
Access of your personal information may be refused if:
1. Providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person;
2. Providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
3. The request is frivolous and vexatious;
4. Denial of access is authorised or required by law.
We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information collected about you. If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, amend, or deactivate your account emailing us at email@example.com, alternatively you can contact us via other avenues specified on our Your Opinion page. Should personal information that you know has been collected about you change, it is your responsibility to bring the changes to our attention. You may do this by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will endeavour to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible. Without limitation, registration information is not accessible over the internet, but only from a secure password-protected internal workstation. Our internet server utilises a modern operating system that is maintained with the latest available security patches and updates.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our website, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Links to 3rd party sites
Social media widgets
Use of non-personal information
You acknowledge and agree that any testimonials or feedback you provide to us may be used for training and/or marketing purposes. We reserve the right to use any testimonials or feedback for any purpose at our sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback you provide may be shared with third parties via social media and associated programs.
You acknowledge that you relinquish any proprietary rights you may hold over information, data, or opinions that you provide to us by way of a testimonial, complaint, or feedback.
Changes to this policy